It is less than 24 hours before we board that plane and head to Tanzania. I have been very busy working and studying for exams, but in the last few days it has started to sink in that I am leaving for another continent in a matter of hours! I am mostly excited but also a little nervous. I have never been farther than the United States and this will be a real adventure for me! I am going to miss my family, friends, and “easiness” of the lifestyle I’m used to here at home in Canada.
- I am committed to putting my heart and soul into teaching and giving my all to the students and citizens of Bunda.
- I am a partner. I am going to learn and work with.
- I will try not to apply only North American solutions and strategies to our program.
- I will be open to new experiences that challenge my perceptions of myself, my abilities, and the world around me.
- I will be accommodating when working with others, helping to encourage and lift each other up when needed.
- I will be reflective, thoughtful, and deliberate.
- I will be flexible, and adapt to changing situations.
- I will try new things and take risks.
- I will have an open attitude to get the most out of this life-changing experience.
- I want to leave with no regrets.
I am looking forward to working with an awesome group of fellow students, who I have only just begun to know!
We will be regularly posting, so keep checking back to live vicariously through us!
Good Lord Managed to fit most of it!